Sunday, June 23, 2013

Thai Eggplant



Thai Eggplant

As I have been challenging my water fitness classes to eat more fruits and veggies and to experiment with new foods, I had stumbled onto Thai Eggplant.  When I found it in the market, I didn't know what it was..... it looks like a tomato that didn't know what to do... or forgot to choose a color.  A kind woman shared what it was and how she prepares it.  I also learned that it is good for the heart and possibly the liver-- and after reading on wikipedia (a goto for quick information), it is great for the heart and lungs.  

And in the fashion of Asian cooking, I pulled out my Wok.  I cooked this in olive oil with garlic, and added a variety of vegetables to create an interesting stir fry.  To me, it tasted a little bitter, having a different taste than it's American cousin.  I have some Japanese eggplant in the fridge, so perhaps I will cook it with it's closer cousin and see how the two work together.  


No comments:

Post a Comment