Sunday, January 6, 2013

Let's talk about lips

As a runner, swimmer, cyclist, kayaker, and lifeguard..... my lips take a beating.

Let's face it... they are out in the elements.  The sun, the wind, the cold, the heat..... my lips see it all.  And at times it is challenging to keep my lips healthy.  I don't want them to be chapped, or cracked.

And the reality, many of the products out there to aid in protecting my lips are not worth the cost of their packaging.  This is what I use to keep my lips healthy, as I battle the elements.




Burt's Bees makes wonderful products for the entire body.  I love each one of these.  One that is not listed is the 'Lifeguards Choice'  -- a weatherproofing lip balm for Sun and Snow.   This one is my favorite as it has zinc oxide in it, and really protects my lips while I am performing.

For those times when my lips do get chapped, I use the Satin Lips Mask, by Mary Kay.  The mask is designed like a scrub to gently remove the dry skin off my lips, so that the balms I use will then be able to protect my lips.  I use the lip balm from Mary Kay (Satin Lips can be purchased as a set), when I mask, as the product is designed to work in conjunction with each other.



*I know some of you are scratching your heads, as I sell Mary Kay.  How could I possibly use a different product.  My thoughts are to use what works, and what works well. *


What do you use to protect your lips?


No comments:

Post a Comment