Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 14....

It is official..... I am down 3# in the new year!! And I feel great!

I have struggled this week with the snow, getting a run in.....
AND we know how I feel about running on a treadmill... don't do it!!! EVER!!!
I would rather climb stairs, row, bike, something.... instead of just plodding away on a treadmill.
Certainly there is a better way.....

(Granted, i have runners who flock to the treadmill..... ugh!)

This morning..... I went out to conquer an easy 6-mile run. AND I felt like I was conquered.
The run wasn't too bad.... once i got off the ice....
Although, i struggled with staying warm. I wasn't cold, but i wasn't warm either.....

And so it went. The result...... my run was slower overall, b/c i was struggling with the breathing necessary for the tempo. (My new motto-- run fast or WALK!)
When i wasn't able to maintain tempo.... I walked!!!

I have moved my equipment to the basement.... my rebounder, my jumprope, my kettle bell, etc.... would prefer the garage, but the garage has a car and a sailboat.... neither of which are mine.... LOL. So, i must do what I must do..... and until it warms up consistently and there is NO ice in the driveway, the basement it is.

My neighbors are in for a treat when it warms up and I start doing jumprope runs down the road...... Great tip! runners.... run with a jumprope... it straightens out the run!!!!

Well, tomorrow...... we shall see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment