Sunday, January 8, 2017

Changing My Perspective

For the most part, I am strong.   
 
That is what my socks say, isn't it?  
 
 
But it is easy to become complacent and accepting of the obstacles that are thrown in my way.   

 

And as a result, I find myself settling.   This morning, I was reminded of my mantra:  what's the worst they could say, NO?  If I do nothing and don't ask, the answer is NO anyway.  And sometimes, I say NO for them.  

 

Sure: they could say NO.

But what if.....

What if they say yes? 

--Susie Schubert

 

And so this morning, I considered all my options and have decided that I am no longer settling.  I am no longer accepting or waiting for things to happen, I am seizing opportunities and making waves.   I am commanding the results I expect.  

You get what you settle for.

-- Louise Sawyer, Thelma and Louise 

  I will continue to be strong.  I am going to use my strengths to make things happen.  Today, is a perfect day to begin. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment