Sunday, January 1, 2017

Bring it, 2017!

Bring It 2017!  As I write this, I am reminded of one of the recent dance or cheer competition movies, where the underdog actually wins, defeating the A-List team!  
  As I reflect on 2016, I am thrilled with how versatile and resilient I truly am.   I was catapulted across country, landing in Houston.   I managed to live for a month in a hotel room with my four boys!  (Was truly an adventure with cats!)  And I managed to network and build relationships at the Y, Rice Aquatics and privately throughout the city.    I managed to read 76 of the 85 books I planned to read.   My goal for 2017 is to read 85 personal books, or books for enjoyment and  one professional book a month.  I have built a relationship with Brooks Running and will serve as a RunInfluencer in 2017.  I did not compete until recently when I ran a Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving morning.  I was not prepared for the never-ending heat of summer.   Now that I know what summer brings, I can better prepare for fall and winter racing.   I can alter my training goals around the summer and apply the skill sets from cold winters and indoor training to a super hot summer.  I have accepted my friend's challenge of being active every single day.   And I did a yoga/Pilates video this afternoon.   Tomorrow, I run! My first Race of 2017 is the ChocoLoco 10K on the 22nd, followed by the Galveston Half Marathon in February.   I am also leading a team in the Y 5K the day before the half-mary......Can you say shake-out run?  In 2016, I joined a Run the Year program through Facebook.   While I completed the 2016miles in 2016, I did not enjoy the social hoopla of it.   The need to post daily and make friends there was beyond me.  As a result, I will be completing 2017 in 2017, but privately, without the medals or FB.  I will be sharing monthly accomplishments here.   
  I read the Bible cover to cover.    This year, I am reading it based on chronological events.   I am looking forward to learning more as I explore this amazing book.  And lastly, I am going to continue to choose wisely regarding my food.   I am learning about my food sensitivities and what affects my health either positively or negatively.  I am seizing this challenge for the next 30days to see how I feel.    
  I know this might read as a checklist, but I am thrilled with my accomplishments this year.   Every day I learn something new about me and the world around me.   I am looking forward to my journey and learning to be the best me I can be!      Will you join me?    

No comments:

Post a Comment