Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Unexpected Delays!

What a week!

And it is only Tuesday.

 

This week started Sunday evening. I had ambitions of beginning new training protocols for iron 70.3 St Croix, 2017. And my body had different ideas.

I started shivering uncontrollably, and cranked the heat, curled up under a blanket.... Several blankets, and struggled all night. I drank water, moved slowly, crawled to the bathroom, and finally, I slept. The boys huddled close.

Monday, I stayed in bed until I felt somewhat human. And I went to teach two swim lessons at Rice. I walked there. I took it slow, felt great, until I tripped over my feet and an edge in the sidewalk and met the ground in a fall. Upon arriving home, I cranked the heat again, and curled up in bed.

And today...... Feeling slow, I managed to run some errands, walk to the library, and EAT! Real. Food.

I am starting to feel tired. And know I am on the path to recovery.

I hate being sick, or feeling less than stellar.

It not only takes my energy and spirit and really taxes my system and my training.

 

Tomorrow, I refocus and see what my body can do. A run? And perhaps, a swim.

And tomorrow, I begin to lay the foundation for St Croix 2017. My retirement race.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment