Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Reflection and Moving Ahead

Week One: I would consider a success. I am down 4.8 pounds. (I haven't done any other measurements). And while a bit tired -- working insane hours-- I FEEL GREAT! *a colleague noticed I have been losing weight*.

I had a bite of meat lasagna, because it was warm. The pasta tasted bland, the meat was warm. Which was what I needed on that snowy cold evening.

I am discovering different tastes and textures, in the fruits and veggies taken for granted. Things taste salty or sweet or crunchy or have no taste, and take on the taste of what is mixed with it.

This week I carried cut oranges or apples to eat after spin classes, or some applesauce. I did mix a little whey protein into the applesauce. (I feel better when I do so post-training, and it will probably be something I continue). I also did use cream in my coffee..... Not that I don't enjoy coffee without it.... For me, it just tastes better.

 

WeeK Two: is here! I have begun day two of it.

The goal for this week is NO MEAT OR EGGS.

 

Ok....... I was considering a frittata....but, it can wait. Last night, I had a bowl of spaghetti squash, with olive oil drizzled on it and sea salt and pepper sprinkled across it. (Spaghetti Squash is one of those veggies that needs helps, and takes on the taste of the food it is with).

I am trying to eat my main meal midday/early afternoon, because of my work schedule. It doesn't always happen, and then I need to eat at night. Or sometimes, I am just hungry at night.

I still eat my piece of dark chocolate daily, and am finding certain companies' chocolate doesn't taste good anymore. PFFFFFT!!!!! How can that be?!? It is chocolate after all. But I can taste the processing.

I am saving money by visiting the Friendly Fruit Market in New Bedford weekly, and for under $30, I can eat well. I am learning to make different veggies.... Like yucca root, and Japanese yams. And I am enjoying it.

As week two unfolds, I have the Hyannis Half Marathon ahead of me. I am by no means ready, with my hamstring recovery. I hope to run/walk it, and have some fun. I am going to buy a new pair of running shoes when my coaching stipend finally arrives. I am cycling a lot..... And need to add resistance training, as well as swimming and rowing to the lot.

 

Won't you join me as I launch into week two?

No comments:

Post a Comment