Monday, October 24, 2016

Taking it a step further

In September, I announced I was eating gluten-free in support of my friend. And this, has been a good thing. For the most part, I have eliminated the gluten and as a result the junk. I have noticed that I don't crave junk, and I don't feel good when I it is introduced in my system. I have also discovered sensitivities to other foods.

As a result, I have decided to take this process a step further for my health and am following a Whole-30 protocol. I am doing this to allow my body 30-days to cleanse and recover. I will then be adding some foods back to my eating regimen to see how I react and respond.

Essentially, it is gluten-free, but also eliminates different foods that can trigger reactions. As I have gotten older, I am more aware of foods that make me feel yucky. This is a process and a journey. And I am looking forward to feeling better.

This may be tricky as I am approaching a half-marathon race. But I am going to flow and learn from the process.

Today, is Day One. The journey is 30-days.

 

What can you accomplish is the next 30-days?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment