Saturday, March 7, 2015

Spring is on it's way!

 

Spring is in the air! After enduring yet another snow storm, I have begun the cleaning and purging that happens after winter. Spring is twelve days away, and I am getting ready!!!!

 

Part of my Spring purge this year includes an overhaul in my overall fitness. This year, I am refocusing on my overall wellness. And you are saying, yeah, yeah...... Have seen this before. And yes, I have been here before. I bring with me all the struggles and challenges of life with me. I acknowledge I am committed to me.

As my many of my friends are pursuing 'health' through various weight-loss shakes, and other means or challenges, I am compelled to create my own pursuit. My self-challenge is in NO WAY intended to put down anyone's choices for self. My self- challenge is for me and about me.


My challenge is for ME!!


In that, I will be sharing my journey! My principles are to be active everyday-- well, more than that, as I prepare for the OuterBanks Marathon in November, and a variety of open-water swims this summer.

My eating principles are that of a Spartan Warrior:

1. Eat when I am hungry. If I am not hungry, do not eat.

2. Eat Consistently. Eat slowly and ENJOY every mouthful.

3. When I feel satisfied, STOP Eating. (Or when I feel more thirsty than hungry).


I am looking forward to eating plenty of fruits and vegetables, eliminating my sugar cravings, and training.

I am looking forward to getting to the run!

No comments:

Post a Comment