Saturday, January 3, 2015

New Year: New Traditions and New Beginnings

 

Happy New Year! And welcome to 2015. Blah, blah blah........ As we are inundated with resolutions and self-promises and various challenges, it is VERY EASY to create chaos in ones own year, before the year really takes off.

As I sit here writing this, I am reflecting back on 2014. Did I accomplish all I set out to? Yes and no. I managed to get side-tracked and lose focus with some personal stuff, but in other areas I excelled. I seized new opportunities and moved forward. I am content with the past, having learned (and continuing to learn) from it, and looking forward to the new adventures and challenges that 2015 will bring.

 

January 2015 brings a new beginning. A friend of mine wrote an interesting commentary in how The new year is like a rebirth, the ability to begin anew. The slate is clean, and we bring the knowledge of the past and are able to start fresh. We have a whole new book to write-- 365 pages in length.

With that thought in mind, I am now challenged to not get caught in the lazy mode, and to seize opportunities that present themselves.

 

 

The first order of business is defining my goals. My word for this year is LEAP.

I am leaping into new adventures, seizing new challenges, and just embracing life.

My goals for 2015 include:

Reclaiming my fitness levels,

Reading 75 books,

Reading my Bible every day,

Competing more,

Throwing away other people's drama,

Not dwelling in negativity,

Being committed to building my savings,

AND embracing my professional goals and business growth.

 

 

 

These seem like an undertaking, but each is broken down weekly, monthly and quarterly.

Fitness: First goals: Swim 26.2miles by 15 April, and row the same distance.

Regain my running-- I am running the Hyannis 10k on 22 February.

Reading: My goal was based on 2014 accomplished reads, and plus some.

I have already finished one book. Joining Audible was a wise choice for me, as I spend time in my car.

Reading my Bible Daily: I have already 3 Janauary, and it sits on my table. I do miss the daily time spent learning and reflecting and reading. I need to make time for this commitment daily.

Competing: I am already signed up for a 10K, planning a 10-miler, and at least 2 open-water swims.

I also would like to run a marathon before year's end.

 

Other People's Drama: Too many thoughts-- but their bad energy brings me down. I know I have and create my own drama, but I am learning to flow.

I struggle with one work-site, as we NEVER receive our work schedules (for the next 6 or 8weeks)

Until the day before the schedule begins. We provide our availability and then are out on hold for

Weeks on end. The message sent is --- my time is NOT respected.

And then the scheduler is SHOCKED as I move forward and make arrangements based on my life

Needs, and then have conflicts with the schedule, or can no longer commit to what once was.

 

**My choice is to either walk away from this position, and completely cut the tie, OR really limit the availability I provide her to keep the *benefits* of the *free membership*. I am not certain what I am going to do with this, but the drama created in this situation is getting to be unbearable.

 

Negativity: I have been embracing life! Love each day that I have life. In order to be happy, I must choose to be happy. As I toss aside other people's drama, I find I am not burdened with their weariness. I am also less likely to be down and dragging others with me-- unless we are discussing the scheduling drama-- and I choose to let the negativity go, especially if I have NO Control over it.

Savings: I am building my 'tin-can' account back up, with a goal of two or three months rent saved. I am committed to putting 10% aside as well. I have found that this money creates opportunities for me, as well as a cushion for when an emergency happen. It is nice to know I have a little but of money put aside.

 

And my professional world: Baby steps, as I continue to grow and develop my visions. I have a newsletter! Yay! Now, I need the on-line subscription option. I am also acquiring my Lifeguard Instructor certification, and will be continuing to expand my work in triathlon and private coaching!!!

 

This New Year is bringing some amazing opportunities!!! I am truly looking forward to these.

 

But FIRST, my new tradition of pancakes, bacon and fresh berries will commence on the first Saturday of the year!!!!!

 

2015: BRING IT!!! I am ready!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment