Friday, July 5, 2013

Is it possible to not count calories?

I have been reading various protocols out there for creating habits...... And several (including the warrior diet) that state, 'it is not necessary to count calories, your body will know exactly what to eat and how much of it'. Well, isn't that what got 'us' in trouble to begin with? Not counting calories, that is.

I have been eating like a warrior most of my life, and ran into bigger problems as I chose more and more processed foods. I am not saying all processed foods are bad, as I cannot press my own oil, or harvest my own nuts. We need to consider the quality of processed foods.

Processed foods are made for convenience. That is what the FOOD GIANTS are competing for-- you, and they do so by making eating convenient. Otherwise, we wouldn't be able to walk into any corner market and get any kind of food in a box.

And so...... The question: Do we need to count calories?

I would dare so no. We have become so indoctrinated with the multi-meals, or three squares, and incessant availability of food, that we are not truly aware of our hunger.

My goal for the next thirty days is to evaluate hunger and to listen to my body.... Am I hungry, am I thirsty, am I bored? And while I am eating.... Am I satisfied? And put my fork down and relax. I am also guilty of racing through meals, so I am unaware of what I am experiencing.

On to the freedom of NOT counting calories, and eating only when I am hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment