Thursday, July 25, 2013

Be Careful What You Wish For......

I have been moving and shaking, and covering the south coast of MA and the cape, with training and coaching and teaching..... And a weekly trip to Cambridge to work at a camp. AND.... I have been feeling tired with the heat, and running around.

Simply stated: I need a day off-- actually, I think I asked for a rainy, cooler day so I could spend some time catching up and cleaning and organizing and working in my apartment. (I cannot tell you how many people were upset I wanted a rainy day.... It is summer after all. Wow! Rain is good, it cleanses, it refreshes, it provides different opportunities...... And so, I digress).

Simply seeking a day off.

 

 

Well, I got two. Days off, that is..... Hoping there isn't a third involved.

 

 

Pictured is the fan belt from my JEEP, Lola. Lola has been needing a day at the spa....oil-change, and check on a thing or two. In the super-hot heat, she was complaining a bit..... The belt whining, which it can do from time to time, in the heat. The AC needed to be checked, as it was running warmer, and I wanted to ensure no problems.

Yesterday morning, shortly after turning the engine over, Lola was squealing.... Not with delight. I backed her out of the driveway, and the power-steering locked up. Pulled her back in the driveway, and smoke was pouring out from under the hood. I popped the hood, to find the fan belt not on the pulleys like it should be.....go to move it, and it comes off the engine block in my hands. YAY!

The air compressor went. Super Yay! Total repairs are costing me about a months rent. Even more cheering and I am facing two-day income loss.

Well, I could be totally upset, or I could flow. Don't get me wrong.... I am bummed! And a little annoyed. BUT....I asked for a day off, and I now have two. Yesterday, and today, I have been doing some home office work, and I am cleaning and catching up on organizing. It isn't too hot which is a blessing, as the cats are spending quality time on me.

I trust I will get Lola back today. And I am looking forward to taking her for a drive.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment