Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Beginning at the Beginning......... AGAIN?

Sigh...........   I find myself in a position of needing to begin at the beginning again.   Despite (or because of) changes in geography, I find myself having gained back the weight I lost and the yo-yo continuum is ever present in my life.     With that said, I am not a helpless victim.   I am willing to accept results of my choices and move forward, step onward to bigger and better things.    I could wait until January and begin a new resolution, but I am seizing the day!  And stepping forward NOW into greatness.     I am beginning with the first 100 days, which will bring me into March and present time for a reevaluation and reassessment, refining any changes in the direction or course I am following.      And so today, it begins.......    I am not pursuing a quick fix diet or eating habit changes, like Paléo or Whole30, as I have learned these do not work for me long term.   I lean toward a gluten-free lifestyle normally, due to allergies and food sensitivities.   But I want to learn from my past experiences instead of repeating those and learn more about the dynamic relationship with me and food.    To better track my eating and activity levels, I will be using my fitness pal.   And when I am confident and comfortable with my choices, I will step away.    My first goal is the Galveston Half Marathon on 12 February, with a 10K in January to ensure training.   The temperatures are cooler now in Houston, so I will be able to embrace the run.   The swim segment might be a bigger challenge with the outdoor pool.  But that is a different issue.     What will you accomplish in the next 100 days?   Care to join me?  

No comments:

Post a Comment