Monday, January 13, 2014

Coaching a Weight Loss Challenge

The YMCA is hosting a 10-week weight loss challenge. The purpose is to lay the foundation for overall changes in the coming year -- changes that will be adopted and embraced by the participants. And the team that loses the largest percentage of weight, can win cash prizes.

I was asked to be a coach in said challenge.

 

And I was reflecting....... I am joining my team in the challenge. While my personal weight loss will not count toward the team's loss during the challenge, it will count in my overall health.

And today...... It begins.

Yesterday, I went shopping to ensure a variety of fruits and veggies are in my fridge, ready for the coming week. Preparation is everything! I also weighed in this morning, and took my circumference measurements. And I am excited about my goals and objectives in the next ten weeks.

These include reintroducing weight training circuits, walking 10,000 steps/day, and getting back in the pool to swim. I am excited about changing my overall habits to improve my health, and quality of life.

I hope to post more frequently about my journey to keep my head in the game or to stay focused.

Care to join me on my journey?

No comments:

Post a Comment