Sunday, November 10, 2013

I ran a bridge this morning......

It isn't too often that one actually gets to run across a bridge, or walk for that matter. Not a bridge found in a park, but a bridge that crosses a major body of water, like the Naragansett Bay. And this morning, I participated in the Pell Bridge Run, crossing the Pell Bridge from Jamestown to Newport.

This morning reminded me why I run, why I train, and how much fun it can be. It wasn't about racing today, or winning-- it was about the journey. I met some pretty cool people, and enjoyed the views and chatter along the way.

 

I got to run/walk a bridge this morning. I got to enjoy the view.

 

After my run, I frolicked on Easton's Beach. I added several shells to my collection.

This summer I plan to swim under the bridge, with Save the Bay. Care to join me?

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment