Sunday, November 3, 2013

Fahrenheit 451

Upon finishing this book by Ray Bradbury, I reflected on how much I enjoy reading. I love to absorb characters, places, everts, being provoked to thought and learning something. I can go to a different world, or create my own...... All in the pages of a book. In fact there are times when I get angry at Hollywood's interpretation of the events and characters at times-- I want to shout and say.... The character looks nothing like that.

But none the less, I thoroughly enjoy a good book.... Turning pages, and traveling to another place.

I also enjoy learning from the research, insights of coaches who been successful, or being challenged to be better, or change my thought pattern. I enjoy the comfort and anguish experienced in poetry and humor that some provide in satire or just sharing life's events.

 

I couldn't imagine a world without books, and yet as I read through the pages of this book written in 1953, I see many of the political issues we face today discussed. Government control and edicts, people behaving like drones, don't let them think.... And I think of this,

'Yond Cassius has a lean and hungry look; he thinks too much: such men are dangerous.'

--William Shakespeare, Julius Ceasar, Act I, Scene 2

 

I prefer to live in a world, where I can 'think too much'.

No comments:

Post a Comment