Sunday, April 7, 2013

A swim and a run

Yesterday morning, I put the hamstring to the test. I swam and I ran.

I have been directing/assisting a small group of triathletes prepare for the Escape the Cape Tri in June. Essentially, I have been training with them. It is helping me as I prepare for my summer road races, and save the bay swim.

Yesterday, I swam 1500 yards and the hamstring did feel tired at the end. The run proved that I can do it. I ended up run/walking 1.5miles and felt pretty strong. I walked when the hamstring started to tighten and went back to the run. Some of it might be due to the inconsistencies in my training, despite the excess in spin classes I am currently teaching.

Overall, I am pleased. I am headed in the right direction.

I feel a little sore this morning......the kind that says, yay! I worked... But not overbearing. Tomorrow, I begin a six-week protocol that should assist in my consistency.

 

Now, I need to lose the extra 30# and focus on my professional goals. I am realizing that coaching swimming is ok, but it isn't my passion. I need to incorporate that in my goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment