Saturday, August 17, 2013

It's my birthday..... Giving myself the gift

Thursday, 15 August, I celebrated the beginning of a new year on this planet. I celebrated life.

As I reflect back on the summer, I have been doing a great deal of stuff and eating some junk, overall enjoying life. I have my afternoon catnaps, and my Friday afternoons off, and just a thorough love for life.

What's missing?

My focus. My ability to do for me. Me..... While I am doing all theses things, I have lost myself (the reason for doing these things) in the shuffle.

On my birthday, I empowered myself to take care of me, to do for me, what is best for me.

In that..... I am pursuing running, swimming and cycling-- the things I enjoy. I am creating opportunities to go hiking, sight-seeing and just to enjoy this world.

And..... I am permitting myself to explore and be open to change and new possibilities. I have been struggling here in MA. It isn't easy meeting people, and making friends here.... Many people are closed. I struggle to create opportunities for networking and employment-- it is challenging doing things differently in the world of the same...... And so, change in my life is coming. A move to better opportunities. I love the ocean and the cape...... So, within the next 18 months I will be transplanting to a new ocean locale --- to create a new life, and a new adventure. I may be going warmer or colder..... I am not certain. But I have given myself this gift and permission to pursue the change.

No comments:

Post a Comment