Thursday, September 30, 2010

Conquering Fears......

Tomorrow, I leave for Milwaukee.....

Sunday, I take on my first road race since I bounced across the hood of the SUV that knocked me off my bike, the one that convinced the police she stopped in time and I fell as a result of being startled.....

Sunday, I defeat that ghost.

Sunday, I show the world.... that I can still fight, that I can still train hard and that I can still be the best athlete I can possibly be.... yes, I am a long way from the athletic ability that I once was... I am carrying more body fat (blech), I am not as fast as I was, and I still get tired and ichy feeling when training is too much......

But none of that matters!

ON SUNDAY, I take it all on...... and regardless of the outcome, because I have the courage to step up to the starting line, I am victorious.

Some of you have verbalized (out loud and to my face) that I train too much, I play to hard or you don't get it. YOU DON'T HAVE TO!!!!

I TRAIN BECAUSE I CAN! I TRAIN BECAUSE I LOVE IT! I TRAIN BECAUSE........ and I am glad that I still have the ability to put one foot in front of the other and compete.

I am proud of myself for the journey I have taken to get back to competing.... and I am looking forward to continuing to compete.... The journey has just begun!!!! And I have succeeded.


No comments:

Post a Comment