Sunday, July 22, 2012

Day One....

Today started bright and early, with a triathlon.  No, I wasn't competing.... I was lifeguarding.  It was a great way to start the day-- reminded me of the early morning run-swim-runs.... I should start doing those again.  Hmmmmm....

But I digress..... a triathlon.  And I was lifeguarding.  I spent an hour or so in the water, ensuring the safety of the swimmers along the route.  And I arrived home, cold and tired.... thankful for sweatshirts.

After a two-egg spinach omelette, I am now vegging.  I started the day with Chobani honey yogurt, and some fresh pineapple.  I was hungry when I arrived home.   I am going to go for a run this evening.   The goal is 3 miles.

Today, is a FAST day..... so, my omelette is my meal for the day.  All of you who don't believe in fasting, please breath now.... I fast twice a week.  And do what one would consider a controlled fast during the day.  Sundays, I fast after my breakfast...... and well, if I need a snack after my run or training on Sunday, I will eat some nuts or fruit.  If I need something more substantial, I will eat.  I am not afraid to break the fast if I need to do so..... But what i have learned from fasting, is that it provides the opportunity for my body to cleanse.  I feel lighter, and actually feel good.  I like it.  I do acknowledge there are some days that I am just HUNGRY.... so, I follow the rule--- Eat when you are hungry.  Don't eat when you are not hungry.  This helps create consciousness so I do not eat mindlessly.  And I enjoyed eating on my deck..... listening to the sounds of morning.

I will get back to you on the reaction of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment