Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Eat Like a Gorilla

I was reminded this week to eat like a gorilla.

In my personal quest for weight loss and improved overall health, I have been successful in the past by increasing my fruits and mostly vegetables, and using meat or animal protein as a garnish. In the wild, the gorilla eats predominantly leafs (veggies) and stalks with some animal protein (Beatles and slugs) mixed in. I feel better when I mimic the diet of a gorilla.

 

Personally, I don't do well on a Paleo-style diet. I feel sluggish and stuffed. The higher protein demands of the Paleo lifestyle does not agree with me.

And...... I enjoy grains from time to time. Quinoa, barley, amaranth, and other grains create different tastes and textures to my meals. BUT again, I use these as a garnish to my veggies.

I love the colors and various textures of the fruits and veggies. I also love the available nutrients and healing properties of fruits and veggies.

Yes, I am glad I was reminded to eat like a gorilla.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment